Time to get our asanas on the mat! Teacher training deepens your knowledge and your personal practice, as well as giving you the tools you need to share your love of yoga with others. All modules are completed over nine weekend intensives, along with assigned reading, homework, and observation hour requirements outside of class.
This comprehensive program provides in-depth study of:
• The roots and origins of ancient yoga and the development and history of yoga from ancient through modern times.
•Yogic philosophy, including a study of the Hatha Pradipika, the Yoga Sutras, Ahimsa, Ayurveda and more.
•Yogic techniques including asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra, and mantra are practiced extensively covering the intellectual and in-body discovery of the effects of same.
•A deeper understanding of the highest aspects of yoga, including pranayama, meditation, mudra and mantra, along with how these techniques are crucial to a true yoga practice.
•Working with props such as blocks, blankets and belts to assist self and students in attaining poses safely.
•Alignment and assisting techniques and principles for going into, maintaining, and holding poses safely when assisting self and others.
•Physical Anatomy- becoming aware of how the body moves and its connection with asana and meditative poses and its effects on the muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments and endocrine and digestive systems of the body.
•Energetic (Subtle) Anatomy - understanding at a basic level the yogic knowledge of subtle energy and meridians, and how asana, meditation, and other yoga practices affect us at the level of the subtle aspects of being.
• Teaching methodology - trainees learn how to teach through actual experience. Each trainee teaches at least five peer practice sessions during training and two public classes .
•Class and workshop creation - trainees develop class content for a number of peer-led/taught classes based on materials and information given in class and through research and develop content for classes and workshops.
•Business and Yoga - trainees are given a practical ideas and information related to what it means to go into business as a yoga teacher, how to set up a free website, how to structure workshops, and much more.
•(Optional) Safely teaching hot yoga classes in general and training in teaching HAWK Yoga Workout® in particular. Certification for HAWK Yoga Workout® is optional, and is at no additional charge. This certificate of training is a separate award from Yoga Lola Studios.
Upon graduation, trainees receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligible for registration with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). Participants are also eligible for certification by Yoga Lola as a HAWK Yoga Workout® Instructor. A demonstrated competency in the HAWK routine, along with a written test, is required.
Course Schedule and Costs
•Class Times: ◦5:30-9pm on Friday, noon-6:30pm on Saturdays, and 8-5:30pm on Sundays.
•Class Dates: ◦Year 2015: Oct 2-4; Nov 20-22; Dec 18-20;
◦Year 2016: Jan 15-17; Feb 12-14; Feb 27 White Tantra Austin (REQUIRED);
Mar 4-6; Apr 22-24; and May 20-22. Graduation June 11, 2016 2-4PM.
• Course Cost: ◦ $2750.00 when paid in full by August 31, 2015.
◦ Otherwise $2950.00. ◾ These fees include all books and field trips with the exception of:
◾ participation in White Tantra in Austin (approximately $180.00),
◾ cost of taking eight (8) yoga classes outside Yoga Lola Studios as part of your yoga exploration.
◾Required attendance at Yoga Lola classes at least 4 times a month. (See #1, below)
•Terms and Conditions:
1. Trainees are required to attend a minimum of four classes per month at Yoga Lola Studios during the duration of the training. Class packages are available to trainees at a substantially reduced cost.
2. Installment payments are available, however, all students must pay a minimum of 50% of the tuition prior to the class start date. The rest of the tuition can be paid in six monthly installments.
3.Tuition is non-refundable after September 1, 2015 but in the event of a cancellation, tuition can be transferred to another training course at Yoga Lola within the following 12-month period.